Sunday, January 16, 2011

new year- new plan

http//:cerridwenscove.angelfire.com

The ever popular New Year's Resolution, everyone has different views, make one - don't make one. What difference does it make? The year and your life are going to play out according the universal plan regardless of how your answer to the "I swear that this year I will..." phrase ends.  But it doesn't hurt to try.
Everyone has goals. Life is depandant on them. Everything you do in your every day life is part of a goal.  Whether it is short term or long term every move your make is toward a goal. You wake up in the morning and your first goal is to get up, life then goes on. Each subsequent goal brings you to the next, if you lived only day by day the ultimate goal is to make to the end of the day and back into dreamland. But noone can really live day by day because there is always a higher level goal to reach for.
There will always be a bigger goal that rules the smaller ones, most of which are not a choice as life does not go on without them, paying bills, caring for family, going to that neccessary job, shopping, cleaning, meeting a deadline, which in my case involves a goal of writing another twelve pages or editing fifty each day. However this goal, during the past month, has gone completely out the window.
Now come the ones that are bigger or longer term than those of everyday existance, the life goals.  We must work but at what?  We all must eat, but what? We all need exercise but what kind or how much? Most people make thier resolutions around this level and if you don't stick to the search for the better job or the healthier eating habits your path does not change and again life goes on. These things are choices, right? We all have dreams, thing we want to do or have before the Time Lords decide it's time to ride with them.
Fate has an uncany way of guiding you to the path choices open to you. Life's highway usually gives you three options, easy, average and exceptional. You pick the direction and off you go. Sometimes you slip or have to change paths and it takes a little more effort to get back on track, not easy but not impossible unless you say srcew it and turn down the easy road. But some people have a fourth option, the impossible, these are the go getters, the stars of the era.
 These are the people everyone else wants to be like.  But to be like these people one must work harder, longer and pay higher life dues to reach the brass ring. Someone who is prone to giving up will never catch that train. Those who give it just a little more effort may at least catch the caboose and be stuck there in the cheap seats. That's fine for you because at least you caught the train. You want to make to the first class section and you keep working but take numerous coffee breaks and miss a few chances but you're satisfied, you're better off than some. But not me. I want that roomier seat at the front of the plane. I say plane and not train because trains don't fly and I want to fly. Fate gave me not a choice of three options but a collage that I had to explore and work through before the right choice showed its face nearly 50 years later.
So my resolution is simply live to stay healthy because I have a long hard fight ahead and nothing, not poverty, illness or a downfall is going to stop me and if the Time Lords show up before I'm done I'll fight them too, I will not give in easily. I've traveled dozens of those paths until I found the one I truly belong on. I've done what society expected of me at the time pushing my dreams further down in the box until they were buried. I've struggled through hell and back in my lifetime and the end of the road is coming up faster with every passing year. My box is ready to explode and pour out everywhere. My goals are, at last, well defined, each and every step, and I am determined not to waste a minute.
SO what's your resolution? To lose weight, decorate that spare room, read those books you've been meaning to read for the past ten years?
Don't just lose weight but make your whole family healthy, decorate your house then advertise that you're open for business, read those books then help others to read or write one. Don't settle for average, your soul gets stale and predictable.
Whatever the subject is reach first for life and don't let go; dream big and fight for it. Don't step on people on the way up but don't let them hold you back either. Ponder your soul and your heart before you spout off that New Year's Resolution on January 1, 2011. Don't let be something too simple or frivalous. Make it something to live for.

No comments:

Post a Comment